Job Description – Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Cornet Technology Inc., a leading designer and manufacturer of C5ISR solutions is actively seeking a candidate for the position of Embedded Linux Software Engineer.
With at least 5 years of experience in Firmware/Software programming in embedded Linux target, the candidate shall have a very good understanding of ARM processor architecture. Development experience with audio streaming will be suitable. The candidate will be responsible for development, deployment and integration of streaming audio components.
• Design, code and integrate software for an embedded Linux target (applications, drivers).
• Interact with Linux kernel and integrate new device drivers.
• Improve and maintain existing software components.
• Perform unit test, verification and validation of the product developed.
• Assist with the test plan procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science.
• 5 years of experience of embedded Linux programming.
• Expert in C/C++ programing with RTOS.
• Very strong knowledge of Linux, ARM processor architecture.
• Familiarity with the Yocto build system is a plus.
• Knowledge of Linux kernel and device-driver development.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, Network programming and Voice over IP.
• Knowledge in audio and video call control protocols like SIP.
• Familiarity with PKI, AS-SIP and SRTP.
• Ability to write effective and reusable code according to best practices.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of hardware and low-level development is an asset.
• Must be a US citizen.