Cornet Technology, Inc. is an innovator in C5ISR Solutions. With 30 years of expertise, we have built our integrity on the valued trust of our customers. Our mission is to provide our customers with the very best in commercial and military communication and telecommunication equipment and systems. Our portfolio includes developing, integrating, deploying, and securing large-scale data sharing and telecommunications systems, and delivering full life-cycle support in unmatched tactical communications in audio, video, voice, and data to our government, military, first responder, and commercial customers worldwide. Cornet offers a professional work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.
Cornet Technology, Inc. is looking for a motivated Cybersecurity Specialist to help build, test, maintain, troubleshoot, document, and support all Cybersecurity requirements and Security tasks for Cornet communications and telecommunications systems delivered to our worldwide customers. You will be part of a talented team of engineers and technical professionals that demonstrate superb technical competencies in delivering mission critical telecommunications systems, communications infrastructure and technical support, and ensuring the highest levels of stability, availability, performance and security. We are looking for a qualified Cybersecurity Specialist having a background in Cybersecurity policy, procedures, best practices, etc. as well as technical experience in IT, computer systems, systems integration, testing and validation, analysis, and technical documentation.
Cybersecurity Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Provide Systems Engineering support for Cybersecurity planning, design, development, testing, demonstrations, and integration of product lines.
- Ensure Compliance with Govt, DoD and Industry Cybersecurity standards and policies such as FISMA, applicable DoDI, CIS, etc.
- Perform certification tasks related to RMF, DISA STIGs, CNSSI 1253, etc.
- Perform Cybersecurity validations, assessments, audits, and analysis using industry standard tools such as Nessus, SCAP, SAST/DAST scanning, etc.
- Interpret, define and communicate customer Cybersecurity requirements and standard operating procedures to engineering teams.
- Install, configure, test and maintain Cornet communications and telecommunications systems and related application software and system management tools while adhering to Cybersecurity requirements.
- Manage and troubleshoot customer installed systems and infrastructure.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems performance, stability, availability and requirements compliance in customer deployments.
- Test, evaluate and document systems for requirements compliance and potential issues, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement fixes.
- Write and maintain system testing and validation documentation to ensure system functionality, efficiency and requirements compliance.
- Liaise with vendors, engineers, customers and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- BS degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Networks, or a related IT subject.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in Cybersecurity may be considered in lieu of a non-Cybersecurity degreed program.
- Solid knowledge of documented Cybersecurity policies, standards and directives.
- Practical experience in developing and submitting Cybersecurity certification documentation and supporting artifacts.
- Practical experience in developing Cybersecurity program documentation such as VMP, CMP, PPS, etc.
- Practical experience in using Cybersecurity assessment tools.
- Practical experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux and Windows based environments.
- Experience in installing, configuring, operating and troubleshooting network infrastructure, communications and telecommunications systems.
- Experience with detailed technical writing, test generation and related documentation.
- Experience with following detailed instructions and procedures.
- Experience with training customers on technical telecommunications systems.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box).
- Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools (e.g., PuTTY, WireShark, Net-em).
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, routing protocols).
- Solid knowledge of networking equipment and technologies (e.g, firewalls, routers, switches).
- Must be able to work closely with teams and independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Must be able to conduct occasional domestic and international travel.
- Must be US Citizen and currently hold or have ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.