Cornet ADC/DAC card provides two independent ADC channels and two independent DAC outputs. It integrates two 16-bit ADC channels at 500 KSPS with 100 KHz analog input bandwidth and two 2MSPS 16-bit DAC’s with a FPGA for user-code. Ample memory for DMA engines and flexible clocks/triggers on a PMC mezzanine format. The FPGA communicates with the host processor through a dedicated PCI controller chip, leaving the majority of logic uncommitted. API’s for accessing I/O, SRAM/SDRAM, and local bus are provided.
The ADC sample clock is supplied by an on-board frequency synthesizer or an external source. The brief specifications of the PMC are given below
- Two Independent 16-bit 500KSPS A/D converters
- ADC input range –
- Two Independent 16-bit 2MSPS D/A converters
- DAC output range-
- 100KHz analog input bandwidth
- Support for under sampling applications
- Xilinx SPARTAN 6 FPGA
- SRAM/SDRAM memory
- Sample clocks: external or on-card PLL
- Voltage – +3.3V DC
- Operating Temperature- -40 to +85 deg C.
- PCB Size PMC Form factor – 149mm x 74mm
- Soft ware support- Linux/VxWorks