The HiCAP E24c is a Layer 2+, 24-port, plug-and-play, managed Ethernet switch. Environmentally hardened, this Line Replaceable Unit connects to computers, sensors, radios, etc., located within a vehicle platform creating a highly effective mobile network.
HiCAP E24c is ideally suited for military vehicle networking applications as it complies with MIL-STD-1275E and VICTORY framework.
Why a managed Ethernet Switch vs an unmanaged Ethernet Switch?
An unmanaged Ethernet switch is simply a fixed “plug and play” device that enables communication among Ethernet devices. No changes to the configuration are possible.
On the other hand, a managed Ethernet switch offers multiple benefits such as:
• The ability to configure, manage, and monitor LANs
• Data path or network control
• Access control
• SNMP queries to determine network or specific device health
• The ability to monitor performance in order to remotely detect network problems
• QoS for network traffic prioritization to improve network performance
• Alternate path configuration to enable routing around a connection for cable failure
If your network performance and up time is important then a managed switch is the way to go.
HiCAP E24c Uses
- Ground Vehicles
- Airborne Systems
- Battle Management Systems
HiCAP E24c Differentiators
- 24 triple-speed Ethernet port (10/100/1000)
- 3 Power-Over-Ethernet (POE) ports
- 1x Authentication
- Network Timing Protocol (NTP) version 4 support
- SNMP v3 support
- Syslog support
- MIL-STD-1275E vehicle power compliant
- VICTORY-compliant model available
HiCAP E24c Features
- Auto-detecting, auto-crossover, auto-polarity, store forward wire speed switching of the Ethernet switch networking features
- Full-duplex operation with flow control
- Non-proprietary component interfaces to external hardware and software
- Network traffic data is not stored internally after power shut down
- Supports up to 8192 MAC addresses
- Line Replaceable Unit (LRU)
- LED indicated display Ethernet channels in use
- LEDs are configurable from dark to bright
The VICTORY-compliant HiCAP E24 is controlled by the Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 CFR Parts 120–130. Exporting the product from the United States or demonstrating it to a foreign person requires prior approval from the U.S. Department of State.