For the budget-minded, the FBS 16/32 switches offer most of the functionality of the IPS 16/32 switches, however it is copper based only. These versatile switches are designed to locally or remotely switch an extensive range of electrical interfaces for datacom, telecom, and LAN topologies.
FBS 16/32 Application
Fallback switches such as the FBS 16/32 are essential for networks requiring high availability. When the fallback switch detects a failure, such as a primary line going down, it can automatically switch over to a backup or secondary line or sound an alarm to notify staff.
FBS 16/32 Key Features
- Rear mounting of up to 16 interface cards:
- Signal Types (RS-232/V.24, EIA-530, V.35, RS-449, X.21, DS1/E1/TI PRI or BRI, 10/100BaseT Ethernet, 2/4/6-wire analog
- Multiple Control Mechanisms (VT-100 terminal, CorScan® control, TCP/IP Ethernet, Telnet, Front panel toggle switch, Contact closure)
- Switching via magnetic latching relays
- MTBF greater than 10 million switching actions
- Dual AC power supply